hello, start reading here.

my heart melted today.

Photo: my own. Taken in Santander, Spain.

Today, while teaching, I noticed a student writing and not necessary paying attention.  Instantaneously, I grabbed the paper from her and placed it on my desk.

Her response, excuse, reasoning, reply?? "That's okay, I want you to read it, anyway."

This is word for word what she wrote.

OMG, My #1 Teacher
teach teach teach, that's enough, let's go to the beach!
OMG I just messed up
Ok, let's start over.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
If you like what
I'm saying
 I will like it too!
O ya, I'm writing
so how would I not like it?
Ok, so let me tell you:
In K-4, Teachers didn't like me
They thought I was lying
and I was the one who ended up crying.
It made me sad.
It made me mad.

Then you came along
all happy and jolly!
And you flipped me up
and down and all
around.  I feel happy
and just like you too.
and Now

I LOVE YOU.

My heart melted today.  She has reminded me that the hard work and long nights are so worth it.  
Here's to teachers being "happy and jolly" and flipping their student "up and down and all around".  :)

1 comment

Kelli November 10, 2011 at 10:47 PM

Oh my goodness, I just came across this and it is SO GREAT!!!! I can totally see why a student would write this about you! God has blessed you with a very special heart for kids, and it really is inspiring. P.S. Fab picture from a little town in Northern Spain. :)